A car’s engine generates enough heat to destroy itself. However, it’s the cooling system that protects it against damage by keeping the engine within the correct operating temperature range. That’s why preventative cooling system maintenance is essential in helping to ensure your engine’s life.
The International Heat Transfer Association (NARSA) recommends that motorists have a 7-point preventative cooling system maintenance check at least once every two years. The 7-point program is designed to identify any areas that need attention.
The Maintenance Program consists of the following:
1. A radiator pressure cap test to check for the recommended system pressure level.
2. A thermostat check for proper opening and closing.
3. A pressure test to identify any external leaks to the cooling system parts; including the radiator, water pump, engine coolant passages, radiators and heater hoses and heater core.
4. An internal leak test to check for combustion gas leakage into the cooling system.
5. A visual inspection of all cooling system components, including belts and hoses.
6. A system power flush and refill with the car manufacturer’s recommended concentration of coolant.
7. An engine fan test for proper operation.
By performing regular checks, NARSA radiator and cooling system specialists can help motorists prevent problems, emergency repairs and/or replacements, effectively saving the consumer time, trouble and money.
We offer all our customers..
- Dedication to maintaining the largest inventory of industrial radiators and cores in Western Canada
- Same day service on most radiator repairs
- Free pick-up and delivery within Winnipeg city limits
- One year warranty on all new complete radiators for industrial use