We’re looking for a Shop Hand to join our growing team at our newest location in Estevan, Saskatchewan. The ideal candidate will be responsible for repairing various heat exchangers, including measuring, washing, buffing, and prepping. They will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of their working environment, and will work individually as well as within a team environment to successfully complete tasks and goals. We hire based on experience, aptitude and willingness to learn. Work history in manufacturing, mechanical or maintenance is a plus but not required.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Shop Hand will be responsible for:
- Repairing various heat exchanger including measuring, washing, buffing, and prepping
- The overall cleanliness of the shop and working environment
- Taking direction from the Shop Foreman
- Successfully completing tasks and goals in the required timeline for the customer
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills/qualities:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Prior WHMIS & Work Safe training preferred as well as ability to operate forklift
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Prior work history in manufacturing, mechanical, or maintenance a plus but not required
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task and detail oriented
- Basic computer skills preferred but not required
- Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly with little to no direction
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits
- Opportunity for professional development
About West End Radiators
West End Radiators is recognized as a leader in the industrial radiator business, known to provide reliable, timely service & repair to our loyal customers. We employ over 35+ individuals between our Winnipeg and Estevan location and are committed to providing a safe and positive work environment.
Our full service Estevan shop is a 7,000 square foot, state-of-the-art centre. It is equipped with welding, manufacturing and servicing equipment to repair and service a range of heavy-duty industries, including but not limited to mining, construction, forestry, agriculture and transport.
We pride ourselves on providing the customer, with unparalleled quality and service.
Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected will be contacted for an interview.