The Manufacturing Engineer will take responsibility for all design of processes and assembly activities within his/her given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness. Throughout the design process, the Manufacturing Engineer will verify practices for efficiency and accuracy in order to implement processes that are safe and improve quality.
The Manufacturing Engineer must possess the capabilities to drive the requirements into the development and continuous improvement of products and processes. Specifically, the Manufacturing Engineer’s duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strengths and weaknesses of equipment; and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization.
- Leading Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan) creation and updates (with supplier participation).
- Creating assembly/process flow charts or supervision of supplier assembly flow charts creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creating Work Instructions or supervision of supplier Work Instruction creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creating Control Plans or supervision of supplier Control Plan creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Ensuring all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping , Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Identifying manufacturing process improvements to existing process at CM and tiered supplier base to include a cost benefit analysis to allow senior evaluation and approval.
- Supporting our Quality department in the qualification and selection of new suppliers by inputting a thorough evaluation of the suppliers’ manufacturing capabilities.
- Input of manufacturing (tooling, Assembly and Manufacturing Test equipment) estimates to quotations to our potential customers.
- Conduct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout.
- Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as related to manufacturing process improvements
- Engineering degree in appropriate field, e.g. B. Eng (Mechanical or equivalent).
- Experience of taking at least one project through launch plus at least one year of subsequent production.
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO9000.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism.
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanour under stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Confident, consistent decisive personality.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
Want to apply for this job?
Fill out our Application Form, or send us an email at email@example.com